Happy Valentines Day!
Nothing says I love you like Mostly-Raw Devilishly-Dark Chocolate Cake Truffles!
These quick and easy treats are absolutely delicious and decadent – prefect when you need to impress that special someone. Dark chocolate cake truffles are a surefire winner and they take practically no time at all to prep, but will absolutely delight all the senses!
Linda Voorhis - Veganification
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts, raw (6.1 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cup pecans, raw (6.1 ounces)
- 1 cup medjool dates (5.3 ounces plus 2 dates)
- ¾ cup raw cacao (2.9 ounces)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted (the only non-raw ingredient)
- 1 cup unsweetened raw coconut, finely shredded
- Soak nuts for 2 hours, then drain.
- In food processor, blend all ingredients until it forms a smooth, rich ball.
- Shape into truffles, and refrigerate.
- Using a chocolate dipping tool, or similar, dip each chilled ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring that coat the ball completely, and then shake off all the excess chocolate.
- Immediately and gently roll the dipped ball into the coconut.
- Place on waxed paper to set.
- Chill the balls.
Some tips: *Instead of coating the cake truffles in melted chocolate, roll them in raw cacao mixed with a touch of cayenne and/or cinnamon.
*Press the cake into a spring form pan and chill. Remove from the pan and coat with ganache. Sprinkle coconut on top.
*Press the cake into a spring form pan and chill. Remove from the pan and using a cookie cutter, cut into petite fours. Coat with ganache and/or a glaze, then top with vegan candy sprinkles.
- Calories 3439
- Total Fat: 245 g 376.92%
- Saturated Fat: 122 g 610%
- Cholesterol: 29 mg 9.67%
- Sodium: 1083 mg 45.13%
- Potassium: 2610 mg 74.57%
- Total Carbohydrate: 331 g %
- Sugar: 235 g
- Protein: 62 g
- Vitamin A: 0.6%
- Calcium: 290 mg 29%
- Iron: 17 mg 94.44%