Summer’s garden bounty — zucchini, zucchini, zucchini everywhere.
Ciambotta (Italian vegetable stew, pronounced JumBaut), air-fried breaded zucchini frites, zucchini frittata. I could go on and on… But, it wouldn’t be garden zucchini if I didn’t include a zucchini bread, now would it :-)!
My version is a bit atypical, but I think you’ll really like it.
Linda Voorhis - Veganification
Zucchini, Zucchini Everywhere! What To do!
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mesquite flour (I harvest mine here in the Red Rock of Sedona; but you can either buy it online or substitute another type of flour—but the mesquite really does add that little something to the recipe)
- 1 cup oat groats
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups shredded zucchini
- 3-1/3 cups unrefined cane sugar (or organic erythritol)
- 1-1/3 cups avocado oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk (from the can)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Whisk together the dry ingredients:
In a larger bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare four bread loaf pans by spritzing lightly with avocado oil, and set aside.
- Dump dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Just as ingredients are starting to come together, you can add 2-1/2 cups chopped walnuts to the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into the four pans and bake for 45-60 minutes. Start checking at 45 minutes and check every 5 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow zucchini breads to cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing breads to completely cool on wire racks. If bread feels like it might stick to pan, run a knife around the sides to loosen before inverting.
- These breads freeze well if wrapped in parchment or plastic wrap then sealed in a plastic bag…But, they make even better gifts to neighbors, friends, or loved ones…Your choice.
- Calories 8888
- Total Fat: 348 g 535.38%
- Saturated Fat: 51 g 255%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 13801 mg 575.04%
- Potassium: 5639 mg 161.11%
- Total Carbohydrate: 1307 g %
- Sugar: 744 g
- Protein: 153 g
- Vitamin A: 40.34%
- Calcium: 736 mg 73.6%
- Iron: 47 mg 261.11%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Linda Voorhis, Veganification
*An important aspect of sharing original recipes is to give proper credit to the author(s) of the recipe(s). I hope that you enjoy using these recipes and making them your own; but please do so with that integrity in mind. With much gratitude. Linda